A Country Manager works to represent a company in a foreign country. A Country Manager job involves working to manage operations, develop business and increase profitability for a company in a specific region or country. Within corporate relocations and international removals, a Country Manager needs to have specialist skills and knowledge relating to this sector.
A Country Manager job would suit someone who enjoys a client facing role and the challenge of growing the business. As a Country Manager, there is also the opportunity to travel and to really get to know the culture of the country that you are working in.
What does a Country Manager job description include?
A Country Manger job description involves a very high level of responsibility and self-motivation. This job is a senior role and typically, a Country Manager reports directly to a Regional Managing Director. Some of the duties of a Country Manager job include:
- A Country Manager will be responsible for managing all operations within a country. This involves taking responsibility for profit, revenue, cash and quality targets.
- In the Corporate Relocations and International Removals Sector, a Country Manager job may include being in charge of many areas of the business such as moving services, global mobility and records management.
- Agreeing annual budgets and producing a detailed annual business operating plan are tasks a Country Manager may have to deliver as well as monthly, quarterly or annual targets for revenue, profits and cash.
- A key part of the role of Country Manger will be to produce business performance reports, which could be on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Country Managers are expected to recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring, and possibly mentoring and training.
- The role is client facing and so daily contact with clients is a big part of a Country Manager job, therefore the ability to communicate effectively is essential.
What key skills and qualifications does a Country Manager job require?
A Country Manager job demands a broad range of business skills including:
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with some financial qualifications or training – a solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning is essential as this role involves agreeing annual budgets as well as producing financial reports.
- A Country Manager job requires a strong understanding of how a business operates and successful candidates will have a proven track record demonstrating their understanding and business acumen.
- General management experience is essential for working in this job.
- In a Country Managers job, you need to have excellent networking skills.
- The job of a Country Manager needs to be able to deliver the highest standards of customer service.
- The ability to recruit staff and monitor performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
- To effectively manage operations, a Country Manager needs to have knowledge and experience of the sector their company operates within. They must fully understand the products and services provided by their company.
- A Country Manager will be based overseas, so experience of living abroad is desirable. They will also need to be sensitive to cultural differences.
- Must be familiar with computer software programs e.g. Word, Excel etc.
- A full clean driving licence.
How to find more Country Manager jobs within the International Removals Industry:
To find more International Country Manager jobs and other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.