An experienced and skilled Global Mobility Specialist will use their knowledge global mobility trends, policies and legislation in order to offer global mobility expertise and advise to other members of the business.
If excelling in this role, the Global Mobility Specialist may have the opportunity to further progress into a Global Mobility Manager role.
Global Mobility Specialist Duties:
The Global Mobility Specialist will manage the international relocation process for employees, and provide advice on global mobility policy allowances, best practice and compliance.
The Global Mobility Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the global mobility programme.
- Assisting in on-going assignment payroll administration.
- Design and maintain process documentation for the global mobility programmes.
- Offer advise and expertise on all international relocation coordination, securing certificates of coverage and taxable payment collections.
- Assist with international assignment, permanent transfer, extended business trips and new hire administration.
- Assist in managing all tax compliance programmes, and support tax preparation services with authorisation list.
- Coordinate tax equalisation settlements, payments and collections.
- Handle all immigration, Visa and work authorisation issues if they occur, for transfers between offices and countries.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships.
- Build a community within the team who will suitable to be mobilised for international assignments as part of the global people strategies.
- Coordinate international relocations for client assignee populations.
- The Global Mobility Specialist will be responsible for global compensation data collection and analysis. This will include maintaining the compensation and tax tracking systems.
- Design and prepare management reports to support the administration of the mobility programme.
Key skills and qualifications of a Global Mobility Specialist:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Experience in managing and administering expatriate policies and programmes is essential for this role.
- You will need to demonstrate understanding of the end-to-end relocation and transition process for international assignees.
- You will need knowledge of international cost of living allowances and best practices.
- Knowledge of emerging trends and best practices in expatriate and relocation management and administration.
- Having a solid work ethic and self-starter attitude is essential for this role.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential for this role.
- A solid understanding of Microsoft Office and experience with utilising technology systems that maintain demographic and financial payroll compensation data is essential for this role.
- A degree from a leading university in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- The ability to speak additional languages and or experience living abroad is desirable.
Is a Global Mobility Specialist job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.