An opportunity has become available for an expert in Customer Service to work for a well-established Ocean Import/Export Freight Forwarding company located in Essex.
The role primarily involves supporting an international shipping clientele with assistance should any issues arise on journeys.
- Coordinating logistical planning.
- Maintaining accurate understanding of the on-board requirements for shipping.
- Consistent knowledge of relevant legislation, current political issues that may affect freight industry.
- Constant communication and supervision of ship journeys.
- Providing accurate data analysis and reports to management.
- Managing claims as they arise, assisting clients with insurance.
- Utilising technology to accurately oversee shipping progress.
- Conducting risk assessments and catering customer service to situation accordingly, prioritising high value goods, utilising air-shipping if necessary.
- English Fluency with a Second Language being beneficial.
- A minimum of between 2 - 5 years' experience within Freight forwarding industry.
- Expert Communicator.
- Strong geographical knowledge.
- Proficient technological user.
For more information please feel free to contact us at Alchemy Recruitment.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 12 Jul 2019