Are you looking for a new role in the Transportation sector?
We have a fantastic opportunity to work for a large distributor in London. The Company promote a healthy and positive workplace, providing fresh, healthy snacks for staff daily. Unsurprisingly, this team is growing rapidly in the UK! The organisation is seeking an Assistant Transport Manager to manage a great team of drivers.
The role will be responsible for London and Home Counties deliveries, involving management of routes, managing drivers, maintenance of vehicles and ensuring deliveries meet quality needs.
As the Assistant Transport/Warehouse Supervisor, you will be:
- Managing a large team of drivers and monitoring driver's KPI's
- Ensure drivers abide by company policies and procedures
- Manage the daily delivery of logistics
- Oversee driver's work using an internal tracking software
- Work alongside the Transport Manager
- Monitor driver and transport team targets
- Keep client's delivery maps up to date
- Ensure drivers have the required passes for their route deliveries
- Work alongside the driver trainer to ensure all new and current drivers have up to date training
- Responsible for interviewing and screening of new driver candidates
- Work alongside the Customer Service and Production team
What we are looking for:
- Experience working within a busy Transport environment
- Experience managing a large team of drivers and transport staff
- Proficient in Microsoft office and experience using route management systems
- Excellent knowledge of Central London
- Full clean driving license
Working hours: 03:30am to 2:00pm (Mon, Tues, Wed) and 03:00am to 11:30am (Thu, Fri).
For more information on this exciting opportunity please apply today!
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Greater London, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 20 Sep 2019