A new position has become available with our client a global leader in the manufacturing industry, they are looking for a Wet Seal Assembly Technician to join their team in the Slough area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and test seals plus associated W.I.P. functions i.e.; pin fit, gluing and band fitting etc.
- Wrap and pack built seals, create outbound documentation, labels, deliver seals to dispatch
- PC and data recording activities including Test certificates, SAP zapping and quality notifications etc.
- Support Gas Seal assembly area when required
- Support Continuous Improvement activities within the area
- 5S weekly audits and actions
- Ensure all company Health and Safety standards are complied with at all times
- Inspect returned customer seals and create detailed quotation/report
- Generate service orders and liaise/update customers
- Gas Seal Aftermarket Strip & Inspect area – Booking in of seals onto database, seal inspections, creation of inspection reports
- Attend relevant production review meetings and update order books
Required Skills and Experience:
- Applicants will ideally be apprenticeship trained with relevant qualifications (for example craft apprentice, BTEC Level 3, NVQ level 3 or City & Guilds equivalent)
- Assembly / Test experience of Wet and/or Gas Seals
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Good IT Skills - SAP, MS office
- Good understanding of CI and associated tools
- High level of drive and willingness to learn new skills
- Good communication skills - internal/external customers
Share this vacancy
Location: Slough, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Posted: 17 Feb 2020