Our client, a New York Art Gallery best known for its extensive collection of Contemporary artworks, are seeking a Gallery Assistant to join their ever-growing team.
The gallery is host to a large and varied array of artforms inclusive of paintings, 3D sculptures and ceramics as well as videography and photography. They are looking for a motivated individual who can balance general gallery duties with the coordination of the calendars and busy schedules of Gallery Staff.
- Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day running of the gallery space
- Assist with coordinating travel arrangements including domestic and international flights and accommodation for gallery directors and artists
- Help to organise events and exhibitions throughout the year
- Control of the budgets for events such as corporate dinners and opening events
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience within a similar position or industry is required
- Ability to manage diaries and arrange complex travel arrangements, both domestic and internationally, including flights and accommodation
- A Confident communicator
- Possess the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- An existing understanding of the Fine Art industry is essential
Share this vacancy
Location: New York, United States
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Posted: 29 Aug 2019