We are working with a number of leading Art Organsiations in London who are looking for experienced Art Handlers and Technicians.
Duties of the role include:
- Handling, moving, and coordinating the storage of an extensive range of art and objects with an exceptional level of care, ensuring the safety of both people and property at all times.
- Checking the condition of the art, and accurate labelling and recording of locations of all property.
- Assisting with the preparation of sales and exhibitions, views, breakdowns and transport of art, liaising with all sale coordinators and other departments when necessary.
- Completing property condition reports and risk assessments prior to all sales prior to public viewing, and ensuring all art and objects are accounted for before all exhibitions.
- Reporting all losses, damages to art and incidents to your manager, and ensure an accident form is completed in line with company policy.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping in all areas of the complex, and adhere to the department dress code, ensuring a high level of personal presentation.
- Applicants with or without drivers licences will be considered.
- Full time and part time positions available.
- Previous experience in handling fine art and great care in handling client's property.
- Experience completing installations and deinstallations would be preferred
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends when required, considering the seasonal nature of the industry.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Enthusiastic and organised.
- Excellent attention to detail.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity, get in contact with Alchemy today!
Share this vacancy
Location: London, Greater London, England
Posted: 09 Oct 2019