A new opportunity is available for an experienced Global Corporate Financial Controller to join our client in Florida.
This position will have full scope accounting and financial reporting responsibility and will report directly into the CEO.
You will serve as a contributing member of the executive team, leading the accounting division.
Duties of the Global Corporate Financial Controller:
- Deliver the monthly financial reporting package within the fixed deadline of each month
- Lead, mentor and motivate the finance and accounting team to ensure performance and staff retention
- Direct all financial operations including reporting, planning, budgeting and financial management
- Overall responsibility for primary corporate accounting and subsidiaries
- Maintain and ensure consistent adherence and accountability to well-defined processes and procedures
- Support the creation of business opportunities and research new strategies (including automating processes with API's from accounting software into our custom software)
- Partner with outside vendors, including both financial institutions and banks to ensure that relationships are maintained
- Identify and implement cost-saving measures (including process improvement to reduce accounting department labor as a % of the profit)
- Serve as an escalation point for client requests and assist with due balances owed to the business
- Lead weekly meetings with the finance and accounting department
- Lead reviews and make recommendations for Sales Tax, VAT, and GST tax compliance and implement the agreed-upon plan
- Create the annual development plan that identifies quarterly metrics and targets that should be tracked to measure performance.
- Develop annual departmental strategy plans and present as required
- Work with tax advisors to complete all tax returns
- Daily bank reconciliations, review and management cashflows
- Complete twice-monthly payroll and set up new staff on the payroll system
Skills, Experience & Qualifications :
- Ideally, 15 years' experience working in Accounting and Financial reporting
- Previous experience as a Controller or CFO within a multinational organization, ideally with exposure to the US, Europe & APAC
- Experience with global consumption taxes (Sales Tax, VAT, GST)
- A qualified accountant is preferred (CPA, Chartered Accountant)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting would be beneficial
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work confidently in a fast pace environment
- Able to thrive under pressure, tight deadlines and are results orientated
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in stakeholder management and polished presentation skills
- An analytic mind with strong project management experience
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel (V lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
Share this vacancy
Location: Florida, United States
Salary: $125,000 - $150,000 D.O.E.
Posted: 01 Oct 2019