A global Manufacturing leader based in Slough have a unique position available for a Mechanical Design Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with clients to identify their requirements
- Investigate and undertake analysis on how to improve existing projects.
- Write technical reports to summarise findings
- Cover the concept, specification, tender and development of new projects or components
- Design with consideration to the aesthetics, materials and functionality of components
- Project specific prototyping and testing.
- Identify new systems and processes to drive quality, efficiency and save costs
- Communicate effectively with the clients, colleagues and contractors involved in a project
- Plan effectively to ensure projects are delivered on time, to standard and to budget.
Required Skills and Experience
- Accredited bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or design engineering.
- Solid understanding of compressor and rotating equipment
- Effective use of 2D&3D CAD Preferably Siemens Solid Edge to produce designs for proposal and manufacturing drawings
- Advanced use of CSTEDY (proprietary CFD/FEA package) and FEA (ANSYS) evaluation of stress and deformation, thermodynamic and fluid dynamics
- Develop plans and solutions within project team to ensure that project needs are met on time and businesses' best interests are considered.
- Assists with customer communication with regards to specific assignments or meetings.
- Effective team working skills, able to work within engineering teams and cross functionally.
- Proactive approach to overall project management including all deliverables and KPI’s
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with operational support and guidance.
- Create and check General Arrangement and detail drawings, a sound understanding of associated tolerance, surface finish requirements and manufacturing techniques
- Provide technical seal selection, including but not limited to seal leakage calculations, heat generation, phase prediction and other fluid related calculations.
Share this vacancy
Location: Slough, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Posted: 31 Jan 2020