We are partnering with a Global Freight Forwarder who are looking for a Customs Clearance Supervisor based in Heathrow.
The main responsibilities for this role is to supervise the Customs department and develop the team of Customs Declarants.
- Work as part of a team with Customs Declarants
- Submit and process customs entries
- Coordination of processing of customs data to ensure it is delivered smoothly and seamlessly.
- Daily task coordination and team management.
- Timely follow up of open issues
- Ensure all shipments meet applicable laws
- Facilitate the Import and Exports of goods on Air Freight, Sea Freight and Road Freight
- Maintain AEO status by ensuring that customs procedures managed by team are documented and follows.
- Apply for customs authorisations
- Support senior and junior Customs declarants
- Maintain current knowledge of customs legislation, political/commercial documentation and the HMRC tariff.
- Training of client and broker personnel involved with customs operations.
- Strong knowledge of Import and Export customs procedures
- Full knowledge of customs procedures and principles on Imports, Exports and all Transport modes
- Must be able to meet deadlines and to be able to work under pressure.
- In depth knowledge of tariff classification.
- CFSP and NCTS experience
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- VAT knowledge
- Trade Qualification (BIFA) in Customs Procedures an advantage.
- Experience using Destin8/CNS Compass.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Ashford, Surrey, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 04 Dec 2019