We are partnering with a global freight forwarder who are seeking an experienced Customs Manager to join their team in Middlesex.
The Customs Manager is responsible for ensuring that the company's processes are frequently reviewed and updated to ensure they are up to date. Accountable for the day-to-day performance certifying reliable operational excellence and long-term profitability in line with the targets given by the MD.
Realizing internal and external customer satisfaction with innovative services at benchmark costs and quality, resulting in continuity and growth of the account.
- Coordinate administrative follow up on un-cleared documents/UTB's and customs disputes
- Identify and report potential risks for any customs related matters
- Remain up to date with customs regulations, market & branch information and developments
- Provide updates to the group regarding any new procedures and legislations
- Monitoring and making requests for tariff refunds or corrections
- Controlling and maintaining customs licenses for the group
- Creating and implementing customs procedures and training for all staff
- Develop and maintain relationships with Key/high potential accounts
- Responsible for AEO applications and approvals
- Over 5 years' experience working within the Customs & Trade Compliance field
- Extensive knowledge of customs formalities, legislation & tariff clarifications
- Knowledge of various customs systems including CHIEF, NES, CDS and various in-house systems
- Experience dealing with international authorities and laws
- Proven experience managing a team including training, recruitment, reviews etc.
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Feltham, Greater London, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 18 Nov 2019