We are partnering with a global Freight Forwarder who is seeking an experienced Import Manager to join the team based in Middlesex.
You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day import operations with the objectives of running an efficient and profitable operations whilst delivering first class customer care.
- Lead a dynamic team that undertakes a range of activities for the Import department
- Continuously grow customer service excellence and productivity effectiveness through development and process review.
- Engage and grow all people in area of responsibility through the implementation of active leadership
- Responsible for the retention and growth of key accounts within the region and for identifying key areas of added value to the customer.
- Lead customer reviews; identify hot spots ensuring KPIs and continuous improvement programmes are run in partnership with customers.
- Manage and develop existing customer relationships internally and externally to ensure they are committed and that their business is retained and opportunities for growth are leveraged.
- Manage implementation of all new key accounts to ensure successful for customer and company.
- Lead/participate in presentations to existing and potential customers.
- Participate where appropriate in relevant Industry Forums promoting the company.
- Manage Carriers and handling agents to resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they arise.
- Liaise with Sales department to ensure smooth implementation of new accounts
- Ideally over 5 years' experience working within an Imports department
- Experience managing over 10 members of staff
- Ability to deal with review, recruitment, training etc.
- Experience working within a large global organization would be beneficial
- Knowledge of customs procedure and laws would be desirable
Share this vacancy
Sector: Logistics, Procurement, Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Hayes, Greater London, England
Salary: Market related
Posted: 27 Nov 2019