We are currently working with a Contemporary Art Gallery in New York who are looking for a Director to join their team.
This position would be suited to someone who has previous managerial experience within a Gallery environment, as well as excellent artist liaison experience. This role requires someone who is both innovative and creative to bring continued success to the organisation.
- Overseeing the smooth running of all Gallery operations.
- Maintaining and developing personable relationships with clients, collectors, and artists in order to develop business for the Gallery.
- Carrying out Gallery sales and promote artists within clientele base.
- Attending and assisting with Gallery events, pop-up exhibitions and art fairs and that clients are aware of all upcoming events.
- Researching and onboarding new artists to increase art sales within the Gallery.
- Sell representation opportunities and Gallery space to local and international artists and organizations, promoting high end services to professional artists.
- Acting as an Account Manager and mentor to new and existing artists.
- Reviewing artist portfolios and providing advisory on collections and exhibitions.
- Working on marketing and publicity strategies to bring success to all artists under the Gallery name, in turn increasing Gallery turnover.
- Experience within a Managerial/Director level position in a fine art organisation is essential.
- This candidate should have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Fine Arts.
- Good knowledge of current art market.
- Previous experience coordinating art events/exhibitions.
- Fantastic communication skills, with strong clientele base.
- Strong business development skills and ability to close deals.
- Exceptional artist liaison skills, closely following and advising on artist activities.
This exciting opportunity would be perfect for an ambitious and motivated individual who is looking to join a Contemporary Art Gallery that works with international artists, as well as offering fantastic growth opportunities!
Share this vacancy
Location: New York, United States
Salary: $0 Yearly
Posted: 16 Jan 2020