We are partnering with a Global Development and Manufacturing company who are looking for a Senior NPI Electronics Engineer to join their team in Cambridge.
This role is responsible for ensuring that the company’s new electronic components and products released to internal and external customers can be manufactured competitively and sustainably for the entire product life.
- Identifying products that may meet or exceed cost, quality and time and tailoring for market requirements.
- Create the manufacturing strategies for new electronics products, ensuring timely completion in line with gateway reviews.
- Oversee the value chain is designed and developed to support the aims of the business.
- Improve product launch date achievement and early launch product quality through Advanced Quality Planning Processes that minimise design iterations.
- Design and optimise the manufacturing and test processes for electronic components, ensuring product and manufacturing cost and build targets are achieved. Operational performance KPIs will determine the success of the new product introduction.
- Promote ‘Design for Manufacture and Assembly’ and ‘Design for Test’ in new product design, using a structured technique to measure improvement versus current and / or competitor products.
- Manage the selection of adequate processes, components and materials with the design team that support capable achievement of required tolerances.
- Liaise with the Sourcing department that suppliers selected are capable and made accountable for the outcome.
- Lead and participate in Design and Process FMEA’s, safeguarding that risks are mitigated.
- Manage pre-launch build programs by suppliers and make sure improvement actions are identified and acted upon.
- Run and partake in cross functional design reviews.
- Agree handover criteria with stakeholders and successfully transfer products from the design environment into Operational support.
- Undertake new technology assessments and development for future use.
- Minimum of a Degree or a professional qualification as a Chartered Engineer.
- Green belt certified in Six Sigma would be desirable.
- Over 5 years’ working in a manufacturing, engineering, quality or NPI related role.
- Proven ability to launch quality products in competitive timescales within a new product gate framework.
- Knowledge and experience of ‘best in class’ approaches used by reputable manufacturing companies and industries and draw upon them as examples.
- You will be able to demonstrate your understanding and use of appropriate tools, including statistical analysis, Six Sigma, DFM and Lean Manufacturing methods.
- You should be familiar with PPAP and process capability techniques and analysis of inspection data using statistical analysis packages.
Share this vacancy
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Posted: 12 Feb 2020