If you’ve got a keen interest in the art world with extensive handling and installation experience, then perhaps we’ve got the role you’re looking for!
We’re currently searching for an Art Handler to work within a specialist Fine Art & Storage company located in New York.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a highly organised storage space based on customer requirements.
- Handling a variety of precious objects and carefully preparing art for transport, this may sometimes include the loading/unloading of trucks.
- Preparing artworks for viewings as required.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by catering for any special requirements listed by each job.
- Inventory control duties, making sure that available resources are correct and up to date.
- Some administrative duties may be required for invoicing purposes, inventory management/labelling, driver logs and quality control.
- Correctly disposing of waste packing materials.
- General warehousing duties may be required.
- Previous art handling experience or other warehouse/relevant industry knowledge.
- Must have a full and clean driving licence as may be required to drive in peak times and staff absences.
- Must have a Forklift Licence.
- Must be physically capable of correctly operating warehouse equipment. E.g. hand trucks and dollies
- Organised and able to prioritise.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of different people.
If this sounds like something you feel you’d be suited for, please do not hesitate to contact us here at Alchemy Recruitment.
Share this vacancy
Location: New York, United States
Posted: 15 Jul 2020