We are currently seeking an experienced Transport Manager for an exciting opening based in Kent.
Working as the Transport Manager you will play a pivotal role in leading the business transport solution, the role will include but is not limited to;
- Full budgetary control (2m)
- Leadership of the groups own regional transport solution, parcel carrier solution and national planning
- Management of a Regional 3rd party logistics provider
- Holder of the groups O licence and accountable for compliance
- Responsible for 100% POD and POC compliance to ensure revenue collection
- Solution modelling
- Delivering Service Excellence – effectively manage and motivate transport and despatch supervisory team and staff
- Effective resourcing, communication, absence and performance management of team compliant
- Ensuring on time departures and delivery
- Timely response to customer service issues & driver complaints
- Monitor and manage 3rd party driver contract SLA compliance
- Managing Costs and Driving Efficiencies – control and manage all cost distribution lines; continually analyse costs, value for money and drive efficiencies within the operation
- Present weekly financial quicks within 5% of actuals
- Route Efficiency - lead review process & compliance to / Optimise van/LGV schedules and 3PL usage
- Operational Performance Targets achieved Prompt invoice query & resolution
- Manging 3rd party Distribution Solutions
- Fleet / Safety / Legislation / Internal Compliance – deliver expected levels of internal and legislative compliance
You will be able to professionally develop in this role as the company are keen to really find someone who wants to progress and as such you will be given the opportunity to;
- Make your own mark, try new things and be involved in true strategy
- Be a decision maker (vehicle types, carrier selection)
- Negotiate new contracts / learn how to if needed
- Manage own fleet and a 3PL open book contract
- Manage a 3PL parcel carrier
- Significant experience in a similar role.
- O License and CPC Holder.
- Great communication skills.
What you will get:
- For your hard work you will receive a competitive salary
- 21 days annual leave rising to 25 with service plus bank holidays
- Opportunity to earn a profit related bonus based on audited numbers (payable April annually)
- Additional opportunity to earn an individual bonus based on individual performance for highest performing staff
- Training and development to support growth in role and progression as part of performance review programme
- Subsidised lunch service on site
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to move their career forward in a company that wants them to succeed and develop.
If you meet the requirements, please apply today.
Share this vacancy
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 11 Feb 2020