We are partnering with a leading Fresh Produce supplier based in London, is looking for a Quality Controller to join their team.
The purpose of the position is to assist the Quality Manager by ensuring the stock is checked correctly and maintaining high levels of quality at all times.
- Carry out quality intake on fruit arrivals , this will include all stock types.
- Allocating status to each arrival and consider the expected waste.
- Organize and send advisories and rejection to appropriate departments to guarantee claims will be covered and collection for rejected fruit are arranged.
- Allocate, print and apply pallets labels for all intake pallets.
- Carry out quality checks on market purchases to ensure suitability to our requirements.
- Play a key role in stock rotation of all fruits is adhered to in order to reduce waste level.
- Communicate with Production Manager and Line Leaders with regards to any potential quality issues.
- Complete fruit quality checks on all products.
- Carry out basket checks to ensure all packed fruits are in specification for packing.
- Maintain packing is to a high standard to ensure trouble tickets are kept to a minimum.
- Highlight training or re-training required in the production staff.
- Observe waste fruit levels to ensure no fruit is being over-graded.
- Creating production product labels.
- Guarantee High Risk and sample products are produced to the correct high standard.
- Reporting to the Quality Manager any quality issues discovered in any products.
- Attend line leader meeting to prepare for the coming week and reflect on issues from previous week.
- A strong attention to detail with a willingness to push for excellence is crucial.
- 2 years Quality Control experience in a fresh produce industry.
- Fruit checking experience would be beneficial.
- Capability to defend findings on intake with other departments.
- Ability to react quickly to any quality issues found.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Good numerical skills.
- Available to work night shifts.
The working hours for this role are 23.00 to 08.00 (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night), 23.00 to 07.00 (Wednesday and Thursday night)
Share this vacancy
Location: Croydon, United Kingdom
Posted: 13 Feb 2020