General Manager, Moving & Storage
A well-established Moving & Storage company are looking for a General Manager to oversee their operation in Tucson, Arizona.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an international, domestic and commercial moving provider that offer full scope moving and relocation solutions.
For the position of General Manager, we are seeking an experienced leadership professional with exposure to office management, sales and warehouse management within a moving and relocation company.
Responsibilities of the General Manager include:
- Overseeing the complete day to day operational management of the office and warehouse
- Manage, develop, encourage and monitor the performance of staff, ensuring high quality work at all times
- Spearhead the driving forward of sales and production
- Meeting or exceeding all sales, budget and profit objectives
- Devise and implement operating procedures that will increase efficiency of the running of the moving and storage
- Ensuring the company complies to operating standards, maintaining a positive health & safety culture in the workplace
- Identify, address and resolve any business performance related issues in order to achieve a more efficient and streamlined operation
- Continuously aim to maintain high levels of customer service across all moving and relocation services
- Identify development opportunities for employees, regularly evaluating their current skills and setting new training opportunities
- Staying up to date with business trends and changes within the relocation, moving and storage industry
- Demonstrating your awareness of the relocation industry, local market, customer and competitor activity
- Ensuring all staff understand company goals and deliver a consistent superior service in line with quality standards
- 7 years’ work experience at Management level within the Moving & Storage and/or Transportation industry
- Previous management proficiency with P & L accountability
- Strong operational and sales knowledge of door to door household goods moving, corporate relocations, transport, storage and specialist moves
- Highly organized with natural leadership and management skills
- Excellent communicator, comfortable liaising with all levels of management and staff
- Strong sales and commercial business acumen will be advantageous
- High school diploma essential and Associates/Bachelor’s degree if preferred
- Strong IT skills with previous experience with MS Office products
To find out more about this opportunity, please reach out to Alchemy today!
Share this vacancy
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States
Posted: 22 Jan 2021