Terminal Manager, Moving Services
A well-established Moving & Storage company are looking for a Terminal Manager to oversee their entire branch including operations, warehouse, safety and office/facility management in Salt Lake City, Utah.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an international, domestic and commercial moving provider that offer full scope moving and relocation solutions.
For the position of Terminal Manager, we are seeking an experienced leadership professional with exposure to mentoring, motivating and managing teams including operations, warehouse, safety and office as well as the sales and customer service teams.
Responsibilities of the Terminal Manager include:
- Reviewing daily and weekly servicing commitments, employee assigning for equipment and vehicles along with other resources as necessary to be able to accomplish all jobs
- Working closely with the sales team to review and guide for the demand sold, so the capacity is available for the immediate and future weeks. Detailed planning for the need for increased sales to support the fixed capacity and expenses or reschedule commitments based on equipment limitations or manpower.
- Keep abreast of labor margins and the appropriate resources/labor dispatch for the move size
- Looking and comparing monthly budget variances and trends within the operation to provide information and recommendation for budget line items to the senior leadership team.
- Keeping overall housekeeping for the warehouse space and utilization to ensure that loose storage and vaults are effectively managed to ensure the greatest goods protection under the companies control while providing optimum space utilization.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by establishing procedures and processes to keep high quality services and limit customer complaints
- Looking into and resolving customer issues promptly, investigating the root cause and putting a resolution together
- Working closely with the customer service and coordination teams to endure timely and proper communications to maintain an extreme high level of customer satisfaction.
- Hire, train and manage employees in accordance with appropriate company policies
- Lead the branch by effectively keeping communication of company goals to employees
- Regular meetings to keep update for employees on branch performance, policies, procedures and any problems
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7-10 years’ experience within a logistics, 3PL or moving & storage branch operation (minimum 3 years in management) or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Exceptional knowledge of general strategic operation and activities, including the understanding of the budgeting process and financial statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as a representative of senior management
- Responsible for all requests within the organization, expectation management and delivering results
- Experience with warehouse management and logistics software, preferably with Windfall and Moversuite
- Strong IT skills with previous experience with MS Office products
To find out more about this opportunity, please reach out to Alchemy today!
Share this vacancy
Location: Utah, United States
Posted: 01 May 2020