A new and exciting opportunity is available for an experienced Sales & Business Development professional to join our client’s Investment & Asset Management team as their Vice President, Business Development.
This position will join the senior leadership team and will have direct accountability for the growth and development of the firm’s portfolio.
The VP of Business Development, Asset Management & Investment will push to securing franchise opportunities, partnerships and management agreements.
You will have responsibility for leading the asset management and investment projects team, overseeing their work across origination, feasibility studies, term sheet negotiation, management approvals, contract negotiations and deal closing.
You will also provide support for project underwriting and proformas, as well as introductions to real estate acquisition projects for the EMEA and international markets.
Core duties of the role include:
- Serve as a subject matter expert in investment and asset management within the corporate housing, serviced apartment and/or hospitality sector
- Design and implement a development strategy for sourcing and identifying management and acquisition targets within assets across EMEA
- Lead and direct planning, research, and analysis of company objectives, long-range planning, business opportunities, and business development activities
- Consistently develop new markets and market intelligence for the asset management division
- Ensuring that a database of research resources is consistently maintained
- Prepare and present strong proposition offers for external property owners and developers
- Acquire and maintain successful relationships with brokers, developers and industry contacts
- Oversee and manage the market, financial and project feasibility studies
- Create and deliver financial feasibility studies for management agreements and investment projects
- Consistently conduct due diligence of potential targets and business ventures
- Directly handling negotiation efforts for management agreements and all related contracts
- Compile and present proposals for internal approvals
Key skills and experience required:
- Ideally 8-10 years’ experience within a Sales & Business Development capacity within the corporate housing, serviced apartment and/or hospitality sector
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ Degree in business, real estate or equivalent sector experience
- Business development experience within asset management and investment
- Proven ability to successfully grow and develop a portfolio
- Regional business development experience across UK & EMEA markets
- Successful track record managing multiple projects simultaneously
- A motivated and driven attitude with a result-orientated approach to business
- Excellent sales ability with proven negotiation and networking skills
- Strong supervisory and/or managerial experience leading and supporting a team
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to represent the business at industry networking events and conferences within the travel, relocation, corporate housing, real estate and, the hospitality sector
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to review, edit and respond to management contracts
- Prove experience developing financial models
- Strong IT skills across MS office including strong Excel skills
- Ability to regularly travel for business
Share this vacancy
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posted: 01 May 2020