Our client, an Removals Company based in London is seeking a Transport Manager to join their team.
The role will require the candidate to schedule around 35 vehicles for the collection and delivery of household and commercial goods across the UK.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in organising UK transport, with a firm understanding of the time required for removals. You will be capable of dealing with the obstacles to prove timely service to your clients, be capable of leading an experienced operations team and be responsible for the management and maintenance of a fleet of vehicles.
- To route plan available vehicles to meet the UK expectations and delivery demands of the company.
- Maintenance of fleet Management policies
- Allocate from available resources the most appropriate staff members to crew the vehicles.
- Ensure that all collection and delivery notes provide sufficient information required be road crews to complete the tasks correctly.
- Where collection and delivery notes do not provide sufficient information, the candidate will seek to gain that information by reference to the colleague issuing the collection/delivery note or to the customer/dispatching party.
- Liaise and be the point of contact for all UK road crews, response to any queries that arise and seek solutions to any difficulties that may arise.
- Liaise with customers, collection and delivery destinations where required to ensure accuracy, efficiency within the transport operation.
- Provide quotes to customers and colleagues for UK transport operations.
- Create and manage job files.
The ideal candidate will:
- Ideally have previous experience with removals, however the client will also consider a candidate from a shipping background
- Hold a Transport Manager’s CPC qualification
- Experience of managing an Operator’s Licence
- Have a high attention to detail as this is imperative in this type of role
- Be confident, focused, hard-working and proactive
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your career with this industry leading multi-national entity. A competitive salary / benefits package is on offer for the right applicant.
Share this vacancy
Location: East London, United Kingdom
Posted: 10 Jun 2020