We are partnering with one of the nation’s leading brands in their search for an accomplished and driven Customs Co-ordinator.
The business is a well-known household name with an excellent reputation, they have a brilliant and dynamic office space that encourages creativity and teamwork.
This role will involve completion of assorted Customs & Excise declarations and assisting the business to ensure it is legally compliant with Customs & Excise regulations.
You will have:
- Knowledge of Customs & Excise processes and regulatory tax returns.
- An awareness of the Customs & Excise role within wider tax implications.
- IT competency in Microsoft Office Excel & PowerPoint.
- Some practical experience in Customs & Excise duty is preferable not essential.
- Conduct compliance checks on HMRC Customs & Excise declarations.
- Complete relevant Customs & Excise returns (CFSP, Intrastats, W5Ds).
- Support the Customs & Excise wider team where needed.
- Handle day to day queries from customs agents and internal business partners.
- Create monthly worksheets using HMRC Deferment Statements.
- Sortation and filing of preference certificates and checking validity.
- Spotting opportunities and identify where in the team to ask for help.
- Work collaboratively with the team and demonstrate professionalism.
How you will succeed:
- Effective time management and maintenance of consistently high standards of delivery.
- Supporting overarching business goals.
- Continued improvement of HMRC compliance record.
- Be curious to understand how your areas are impacted by the wider business.
- Be a good communicator.
- Be self-motivated and proactive with a real desire to learn.
Share this vacancy
Location: Coventry, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Posted: 10 Jun 2020