We are partnering with one of the nation’s leading brands in their search for an accomplished and driven Customs and Excise Manager.
The business is a well-known household name with an excellent reputation, they have a brilliant and dynamic office space that encourages creativity and teamwork.
This role will involve completion of assorted Customs & Excise declarations and assisting the business to ensure it is legally compliant with Customs & Excise regulations. You will lead a team whilst keeping focused on team goals and objectives, building success.
You will have:
- Knowledge in all aspects of Customs & Excise regulations and processes.
- A good practical understanding of the Customs & Excise role within wider tax implications.
- IT competency in Microsoft Office Excel & PowerPoint.
- The ability to demonstrate industry and technical experience in both Customs & Excise duty.
- Ensure relevant Customs & Excise HMRC returns are met efficiently and effectively.
- Support the Customs & Excise manager during audits and ad-hoc investigations.
- Develop and Review documented procedures and training material.
- Monitor HMRC deferment account and associated guarantee levels.
- Provide support to the team, when needed, on difficult HTS code classifications (using GIR’s)
- Present Customs & Excise training to internal colleagues, explaining and engaging
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation.
- Be proactive, anticipate and manage risks as well as spot opportunities to define solutions and create a clear action plan.
How you will succeed:
- Supporting overarching business goals.
- Having a skilled, motivated and cohesive team.
- Continuation of improvement of HMRC compliance record.
- Completion of all HMRC requirements accurately and on time.
Share this vacancy
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom
Posted: 03 Aug 2020