Our client, a prestigious luxury retailer, is looking for an experienced Web Developer to join their team in London. The role will partner with the internal project management team as well as other internal departments to ensure that the website is kept fully updated. You must be highly proficient in both front and back-end WordPress technology.
- Write reusable, stable code that can be easily adapted & are suitable for WordPress
- Take part in discussions with key stakeholders to ensure that company websites are kept updated
- Build, develop, test & deploy all requires features via WordPress backend, ensuring that all technical requirements are documented
- Provide advice when required covering things such as specifications, plug-ins, platform, hosting and server recommendations
- Ensure all go live deadlines are adhered to, taking accountability for this alongside the project’s manager. Gathering feedback from stakeholders & carry out QA, making the necessary revisions.
- Work with internal teams to take visual designs and work them into frontend code
- Have a full understanding of applications and technologies that are being onboarded, ensuring a smooth integration
- Be proactive, to find solutions to maintenance requests for the website
- Modify and create custom Shopify themes
- Apply case-specific tracking and marketing pixels
- Work with the internal teams to ensure technical procedures are developed, and best practice documenting is implemented
- Ability to multi-task, carrying out several development projects at once
- Build and maintain vendor relationships when required
- A working knowledge of Wordpress CMS implementation and server-side programming languages including backend (Node.js, specifically using Nuxt.js) and frontend (Vue.js, Nuxt, Nginx) is required.
- A strong sense of how to create and manage easy to use WordPress backend environments for our website admins.
- Solid Shopify experience, such as modifying elements, custom themes, as well as Liquid template language and its API
- Experience in Shopify development, including custom themes, modifications to existing elements, and a fundamental understanding of Shopify Liquid template language and its API / Application ecosystem is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in data migration and synchronization between Shopify + WordPress instances.
- Understanding of web design, ecommerce solutions, development process, and third-party applications (integrations with warehouses/distribution, ERPs, POS systems, etc.) is preferred.
- Experienced with A/B testing, SEO and data-driven practices.
- Experienced with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, GTM.
- Experience or willingness to learn WCAG and ADA (Americans with Disabilities) accessibility best practices for web.
- Can work and stay well-organized between a variety of projects.
- Ability to work independently to solve technical problems, mitigate risk, make decisions, and communicate effectively under tight deadlines and challenging situations.
- Approach all projects with a positive attitude and a problem-solving perspective.
Share this vacancy
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posted: 06 Jul 2020