Our client, a Contemporary Art Gallery are seeking to hire a Registrar to join their team in New York.
The main responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the shipping of fine art to and from the Gallery and regularly liaise with Senior Registrar and Operations team to adhere to deadlines for shows and exhibitions.
- Carry our inventory checks and make sure the internal systems are kept up to date.
- Monitor the movement of exhibitions and ensure that complete condition checks are done on each artwork according to initial documentation.
- Assist Senior Registrar with ad hoc projects and work closely with all art technicians regarding installations of art collections.
- Complete all shipping and customs documentation for the transportation of artworks and ensure all shipments meet department budgets.
- Liaise with fine art storage companies to track the transportation of exhibitions to and from the Gallery.
- Keep clients up to date with location of artwork, including tracking shipping and storage.
The key skills required include:
- Previous experience working in a similar role within a Gallery or Museum is essential.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with globally recognised clients and artists.
- A solid understanding of the shipping documentation is essential for this position.
- Previous experience working with inventory systems is highly beneficial.
Share this vacancy
Location: New York, United States
Posted: 15 Oct 2020