If you are a motivated, passionate self-starter with goals of demonstrating your independence and highly organised coordinating ability, then we may have the role for you!
We are looking out for an ambitious LA local with strong connections in the LA Art scene to assume the position of Sales Director for an LA Contemporary Art Gallery.
If successful, your main responsibilities will include:
- Utilising a network of contacts and clients to promote gallery exhibitions and sales.
- Effectively co-manage the smooth running of the gallery.
- Continue to expand your network by building professional relationships with gallery artists, curators, writers, and critics.
- Regularly attend local art gallery events, e.g. openings, mixers etc.
- Coordinate Gallery PR and Marketing strategies to improve sales.
- Maintaining a high level of awareness of notable information within the Art scene, e.g. artist's works and backgrounds
- Previous experience within a similar sales role in the art industry.
- Excellent communicator, approachable and comfortable liaising with a wide range of different people.
- Highly organised and ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong network of established contacts within the LA art scene.
- Passionate with an in-depth knowledge of contemporary art.
Share this vacancy
Location: United States
Posted: 13 Aug 2020