We are partnering with a Freight Forwarder seeking a Customs Supervisor to join their team in France.
· Responsible for overseeing Customs Declarants
· Working to clear shipments of goods
· Preparing documentation for shipments
· Provide oversight and guidance to the members of your team
· Share knowledge regarding customs processes and declarations with junior staff
· Manage the day to day operations
· Liaise with Customs and Excise authorities
· Responsible for managing all aspects of the brokerage activities
· Maintenance of a compliant customs clearance process
· Develop and maintain both new and existing customer relationships, promoting the company’s services.
· Ensure compliance with relevant regulations
· Managing internal and/or external audits/assessments of the import and export processes within your team
· Provide coaching and feedback to all team members in terms of their development
· Where required, travelling both domestically and internationally to fulfil the responsibilities of the job position.
· Actively seek opportunities to expand the customs brokerage services and increase revenue for the department.
· Extensive experience managing Customs Operations in Freight Forwarders, Customs Brokers or Customs agencies
· Experience in Customs and VAT environment
· Fluent in French and English, with an excellent standard of communication both written and verbal.
· A strong knowledge and experience of EU and UK customs regulations
· Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the reporting requirements, and processes and procedures to be followed in relation to customs and VAT compliance.
· Strong team management experience is essential for this role.
The company offer a highly competitive salary package, laptop and phone along with the opportunity to join a global growing organisation.
Share this vacancy
Location: Lille, France
Posted: 02 Sep 2020