We are partnering with a Freight Forwarder seeking a Customs Supervisor to join their team in Dartford.
You will be responsible for processing of inbound transmissions and inputting of Customs entries for new Import movements.
- Inputting and completing consignments for customs clearance
- Cover imports from all origins from start to finish
- Customs entries
- Use Destin8 and CNS to complete customs entries
- Contacting importers to establish their clearance instructions
- Receipt and process of inbound EDI
- Receive inbound EDI manifests from overseas partners
- Process consignment for delivery and/or clearance.
- Contact UK importer for instruction and information to facilitate import clearance.
- Liaise with transport and warehouse departments
- Enter consignment into customs clearance system to facilitate that clearance.
- Refer any complex issues or requests to your line manager.
- Complete customs entries from start to finish
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience in Freight Forwarding and Logistics
- Familiarisation with customs processes, customs systems and HMRC regimes
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience completing customs entries
Share this vacancy
Location: Dartford, Kent, United Kingdom
Posted: 08 Sep 2020