Our Client a high-quality correctional facility is seeking to employ a Psychologist. This role will be incremental in making life changes and providing a high standard of care to offenders. Working as part of a dedicated team of Psychologists and other mental health professionals the Psychologist will be responsible for planning and implementing the professional psychological service programs of a non-medical nature in the facility.
Responsibilities of the Psychologist will include:
- Directing and coordinating and the activities of personnel involved in providing psychological services to inmates/residents.
- Carrying out psychological screenings and assessments in relation to the in-mates records and clinical history.
- Working within the mental health team, collaborating, gathering and passing information regarding patients to other clinical staff (e.g. psychiatrists).
- Ensuring that treatment activities are well integrated, and patient care follow-through is carried out.
- Developing, implementing, and modifying individual treatment plans.
- Conducting regular rounds in segregation and other confined housing areas to assess inmate adjustment and mental health treatment requirements.
- Provide counselling and confrontation avoidance interventions to address the needs of inmates in crisis.
- Consulting with psychiatry, mental health, nursing, medical, educational, chaplain, security staff to gather information regarding any escalation of problems, behaviors mental health condition changes of inmates.
Required experience / Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Doctoral degree in Psychology.
- Must have two years clinical experience, which includes one year in a comparable position.
- Should be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Psychological counselling theory and techniques.
- Must possess a current, unrestricted license to practice psychology in Georgia.
- Must hold valid drivers’ license.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a current Green Card holder.
Share this vacancy
Location: Georgia, United States
Posted: 14 Sep 2020