Our client, a specialist importer, is seeking an experienced customs clerk to be based in the London office.
The individual will have experience dealing with Customs Declarations and liaising with forwarders to process customs entries.
- Prepare accurate customs clearance data entry work in accordance with Customs and Government regulations.
- Understand all import documentation
- Submission of Excise Duty and Soft Drinks Industry Levy Returns
- Data entry and stock entry.
- Calculating Duty / VAT cost for each consignment
- Processing Import declarations
- Dealing with general enquiries from exporters / suppliers concerning all areas, relating to Customs Procedures, Tariff Classifications, Duty Rates and any other documentation requirements
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures
- Act as cover when required within the team.
- Knowledge of Import Customs Clearance processes
- Experience importing good from the EU would be beneficial
- Proficient IT Skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good attention to detail
Share this vacancy
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posted: 06 Oct 2020