Sea Freight Import Manager
Our client is seeking a Sea Freight Import Manager to join the team in West Yorkshire.
You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day import operations with the objectives of running an efficient and profitable operations whilst delivering first class customer care.
- Lead a dynamic team of 5 Key Account Managers that undertakes a range of activities for the Import department and will report directly to you
- Continuously grow customer service excellence and productivity effectiveness through development and process review.
- Engage and grow all people in area of responsibility through the implementation of active leadership
- Responsible for the retention and growth of ocean freight key accounts and for identifying key areas of added value to the customer.
- Manage and develop existing customer relationships internally and externally to ensure they are committed and that their business is retained and opportunities for growth are leveraged.
- Manage implementation of all new key accounts to ensure successful for customer and company.
- Manage Carriers and handling agents to resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they arise.
- Liaise with Sales department to ensure smooth implementation of new accounts
- Previous management experience with strong leadership skills and with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Ideally over 3 years’ experience working within an Imports department
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercially minded with the ability optimise profitability whilst still adding value to clients
- Strong planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and work under pressure
Share this vacancy
Location: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Posted: 06 Oct 2020