We are partnering with large global engineering business who are currently recruiting for a Trade Compliance Specialist.
The main responsibilities for this Trade Compliance Specialist are to assist the Manager with ensuring the company is fully compliant with import and export regulations. Responsible for reviewing transactions in relation to sanctions, dual-use and end-use controls to ensure compliance of global trade compliance policies. Additionally, support the Customs requirements relating to imports into the UK and be knowledgeable of the Brexit impact on this.
- Ensure and maintain the company’s compliance with import and export regulations
- Responsible for supporting ECCN and HTS classifications in the region, where required.
- Support the compliance with regional licensing regulations covering all products that may be subject to Export Control regulations.
- To develop and implement the processes, procedures and systems to ensure/support ongoing compliance and effective information flow.
- To create and build effective relationships with Government agencies involved in Trade compliance
- Support the company with BREXIT preparation and readiness
- Detect, assess, and carry out relevant duty savings opportunities, such as FTA’s
- Keep up to date and informed of changes to relevant trade control legislation and ensure any processes are reviewed as a result of such changes.
- Relevant qualification in Customs or International Trade would be beneficial
- Over 5 years’ experience dealing with International Trade and Customs regulations
- Knowledge of ECCN, EAR, HTS, AEO, EU dual-use regulations and HMRC Customs
- Usage of ERP and SPIRE systems in required
- Prior experience with Customs or International Trade with a global organisation
Share this vacancy
Location: Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
Posted: 12 Oct 2020