We are partnering with a global freight forwarding company who are seeking an experienced customs professional to join their team based in Hull.
The main purpose of the Customs Coordinator will be to complete and process customs entries for shipments worldwide.
- Responsible for checking and inputting data into customs systems for internal and external client
- Provide admin support in regard to all aspects of Import & Export
- Responsible for the compliant production of UK Import and Export declarations
- Ensure the branch are performing all tasks to the highest level of compliance
- Completion of customs entries from start to finish for Imports and Exports
- Liaise with clients and customers
- Manage the compliance of the entire process within the branch
- Ensure Import and Export declarations are completed on time
- Resolve compliance problems
- Work within all necessary teams within the business, compliance agencies, suppliers and customers to deliver objectives.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all clients and customers
- Maintain a compliant customs clearance process within set lead times to achieve the growth and the profit objectives of the company.
- Develop and maintain both new and existing customer relationships, promoting the company’s services.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Import and Export experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Practical knowledge of customs processes and regimes at an operational level
- Demonstrate strong knowledge relating to customs compliance.
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent understanding of import and export procedures, tariff classifications
- Experience with CFSP, IPR, OPR or similar
Share this vacancy
Location: Hull, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 Dec 2020