Alchemy are currently partnering with a leading global network infrastructure provider in their search for an experienced Software & Systems Engineer to join their team in Belfast, Ireland.
They are looking for an individual who already has the core skills and is looking to develop them to help the company achieve their targets!
The Software & Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- Ensuring both the system and software up to date, patching and upgrading when needed
- Collaborating with and supporting other teams with the deployments prior to going live, undertaking activities such as system design consulting and launch reviews
- The creation and support of system demonstrations, trials, and proof of concept
- To diagnose and resolve more complex client issues in a timely manner
- Managing projects delivering both the products and solutions to clients
- Engaging with both stakeholders and clients to build strong relationships for business development
- To be the point of call for colleagues, customers, and Partners, advising on all technical aspects of the systems
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar position working in a client facing environment
- A solid understanding of Linux and experience operating at a Linux command line
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability along with great communication skills
- To have a passion for technology with the ability to quickly understand new technologies and software
- Hands on experience of supporting the applications within large scale complex deployments
- Well-rounded experience of networking including routers, switches, hubs, firewalls, TCP/IP, NFS, DHCP and DNS
- Certification CCNA or equivalent is desirable
This position does also require some travel so candidates will need to have a full valid driver’s license.
Share this vacancy
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posted: 03 Nov 2020