Alchemy is pleased to be partnering with an innovative and fast-growing food production business in their search for a General Manager to join their team in North East Oklahoma.
The General Manager will be responsible for overseeing plant performance, quality assurance, safety and efficiency and staff management.
- Manage plant performance, ensuring company goals relating to quality, food safety, humane handling, yield, productivity, cost, and safety are met or exceeded
- Develop and implement strategies to improve plant performance and ensure output schedules are able to meet sales requirements
- Establish and control manufacturing policies and procedures, ensuring efficiency
- Investigate product quality and manufacturing problems in partnership with Quality Assurance Manager to implement solutions that are in line with regulatory guidelines
- Schedule audits on food safety systems and ensure compliance to quality and regulatory standards
- Ensure all employees adhere to humane handling, health, safety, cleanliness procedures. Ensure compliance with USDA, SSOP, HACCP, and OSHA programs
- Handle and investing customer complaints regarding quality and food safety
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and preventative maintenance
- Work collaboratively with other departments and champion cross-functional knowledge
- Keep company management up to date with significant issues in plant activities, and advise on actions being taken to address them
- Develop product specifications to address customer needs, in collaboration with the Sales team
- Manage a team of staff within the plant, including scheduling, mentoring, and coaching, performance monitoring and improvement plans and disciplinary action
- Work with HR to recruit, interview and onboard new staff. Make recommendations for promotions and raises.
- Previous experience as a General Manager/Plant Manager in a similar business
- Able to effectively communicate with staff at all levels
- Experience managing staff
Share this vacancy
Location: Oklahoma, United States
Posted: 11 Nov 2020