An established Freight Forwarding Company are looking to appoint an Customs Manager in Essex.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Managing all areas of the ETSF and bonded warehouse.
- Ensuring full compliance with all HMRC / Border Forces rules and regulations.
- To lead, motivate the customs team ensuing quality control of entries
- To manage a team of people, which will include organising work schedules and issuing working instructions to ensure clearance
- Manage Carriers and handling agents
- To ensure the operation is fully compliant with all HMRC & Border Force’s legal regulations with the operating of an ETSF.
- Experience in the role of managing an ETSF and import department
- Good working knowledge of customs formalities & legislation on both Imports with a good understanding of ETSF procedures.
- Processing Customs Clearance
- Air, Road and Sea Freight shipments
- Dealing with Domestic and International road transport
- Responsible for leading a team of 5 staff
- Working alongside the operations team
- Handling Far East Consolidation
- Must have ETSF experience
- Bonded warehouse experience
- Import experience
- Experience managing a team
- Shipping industry experience
For more information on this opportunity please apply today!
Share this vacancy
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 13 Nov 2020