We are looking for a Move Coordinator with experience in international household goods moving.
You will join the household goods moving shipping division and will be responsible for import and export logistics coordination.
The Move Coordinator will be handling all modes of transport, with additional focus on European road freight customs clearance between the UK and the EU post-Brexit.
This role is accountable for the full delivery of household goods moving shipping services including; supplier management, coordinating groupage container operations, consolidation opportunities, pricing and costing.
- Proactively communicating to ensure all parties are fully updated on the status of the relocation
- Developing relationships with external shipping and logistics vendors
- Coordinating import and export freight both LCL and FCL of household goods
- Partnering and liaising with shipping suppliers regarding operational issues, rates and complaints
- Accurate booking freight to meet reasonable required shipping deadlines
- Handling road freight customs clearance and using the customs brokerage software to ensure all are cleared as required
- Recording shipping documentation such as air waybills, air cargo manifests and issuing these to the airline carrier with supporting documents as required
- Coordination of loose groupage sea freight container logistics
- Updating the logistics operating system accordingly regarding the logistics of the move
- Handling and controlling of sea and air consolidations in a timely fashion
- Handling community transit documents for shipments transported in bond through the warehouse
- Liaising with airlines as an IATA cargo agent and negotiating bookings to ensure air consignments are scheduled with the best carrier to maximise ROI
- Ensuring all shipping invoices from suppliers are processed and paid
- Handling all customer service inquiries
- Provide administrative support
- Experience working in the household goods moving or freight forwarding sector
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- A positive and motivated attitude
- The ability to work successfully in high-pressure situations
- Fluency in English is essential, and additional languages are beneficial
- Good level IT skills
Share this vacancy
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posted: 13 Nov 2020