Our client, a fast-growing Freight Forwarder, is currently seeking a Freight Account Manager to join their expanding team.
The main duty of the Freight Account Manager is to develop new import/export business for air, road and sea freight by using existing contacts and market knowledge.
Freight Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for acquiring and retaining new customers for the company
- On boarding new clients from existing contacts from within the group
- Become an expert user and master of the services to best understand the market
- Identify and qualify leads from internal and external sources with the support of insides sales & marketing
- Liaise with Customer Care and Pricing teams to make sure customers get a professional experience
- Maintain key stakeholders updated on pipeline and results through the CRM and weekly touch points
- Provide input to the design of companies go-to-market strategy and tactics in the area and globally.
- Visit new and existing clients both in the UK and internationally to sell and upsell services within the company’s niche market
- Attend annual sales conferences/training seminars and networking functions on a national and international basis
- Travel to office in other countries to continue lasting relationships with local partners/vendors
- Must have over 3 years of selling experience of freight forwarding services in the UK
- A proven record of targeting, pursuing and winning new clients.
- Our clients is looking for an enthusiastic, ambitions individual with long term expectations of this position and general business leadership
- The successful candidate will come from a B2B sales background in a shipping/logistics environment.
- Ability to work independently at times with regular travel nationally
Share this vacancy
Location: Cannock, United Kingdom
Posted: 18 Nov 2020