We are partnering with a well renowned shipping company who are currently seeking a Cargo Planning Manager to join their team based in Jacksonville, FL.
The main responsibilities for this role are to control and manage all cargo planning activities carried out by the cargo planning team.
- Ensure that any issues within the cargo team are identified and appropriately dealt with.
- Calculate available space on board vessels and plan stowage to maximize volume intake and safe securing of cargo.
- Responsible for supporting the vessel, agents and stevedores in the cargo operation
- Reject cargo for acceptance/loading if not according to HA standards
- Shift cargo to shore or onboard if to HA benefit
- Reporting cargo damages when noticed
- Evaluate the need for a Cargo Planner to attend a cargo operation
- Over 10 years’ experience in cargo planning and cargo operations
- In-depth knowledge of the global cargo market
- Experience managing a team within a cargo team is essential
- A qualification in Maritime or related degree would be beneficial
Share this vacancy
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Posted: 18 Nov 2020