We are partnering with a well renowned shipping company who are currently seeking a Cargo Planner to join their team based in Jacksonville, FL.
The main responsibilities for this role are to calculate the available space on board assigned vessels and for creating efficient and safe cargo stowage plans for the assigned vessels to maximize cargo intake.
- Calculate available space and set limitations for cargo type allocation.
- Stay updated on booked cargo volumes and maximize volume intake.
- Create and distribute detailed cargo stowage plans to ensure an efficient sequential load, discharge and shifting operation.
- Forward planning of the cargo operations for vessels bound for Middle East and Europe.
- Consider required equipment to safety handle cargo.
- Communicate updated cargo space and report to Trade Manager/Voyage
- Planner potential short shipment and actual short shipment.
- Attend selected cargo operations in US ports to ensure compliance with HA standards.
- Give equipment and Cargo Securing recommendations.
- Reject cargo if not in accordance with HA standards.
- Make and distribute cargo plans
- Report vessel performance and act as support to HA commercial side.
- Prior experience as a Cargo Superintendent/Port Captain would be beneficial
- Experience calculation space on vessels
- First-hand experience from dealing with RORO shipments would be advantageous
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Asian seafarers
- A qualification in Maritime or related degree would be beneficial
Share this vacancy
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Posted: 18 Nov 2020