We are looking for an ambitious candidate with strong sales experience and connections in the New York Art scene to assume the position of Sales Director for a Contemporary Art Gallery.
If successful, your main responsibilities will include:
- Utilising a network of contacts and clients to promote gallery exhibitions and sales.
- Effectively co-manage the smooth running of the gallery.
- Continue to expand your network by building professional relationships with gallery artists, curators, writers, and critics.
- Regularly attend local art gallery events, e.g. openings, mixers etc.
- Coordinate Gallery PR and Marketing strategies to improve sales.
- Maintaining a high level of awareness of notable information within the Art scene, e.g. artist's works and backgrounds
- Previous experience within a similar sales role in the art industry.
- Excellent communicator, approachable and comfortable liaising with a wide range of different people.
- Highly organised and ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong network of established contacts within the New York art scene.
- Passionate with an in-depth knowledge of contemporary art.
Share this vacancy
Location: New York, United States
Posted: 13 Aug 2020