We are partnering with a Global Logistics organisation looking to recruit an Import Clerk to work in Middlesex.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing shipping documentation, ensuring all forms are fully compliant with HMRC customs and regulations.
- Ensuring protocol is followed with regards to warehouse access.
- Assisting management as required during monthly audits.
- Updating destination offices with cargo status once processed
- Ad hoc administrative and office duties.
- Making sure that all imports/exports are correctly declared
- Processing all customs entries and clearances
- Help with quarterly internal audits on all areas of compliance, Import/Export entries, ETSF procedural audits, CFSP audits & AEO audits.
- Arranging Collections of Air Freight
- Experience working within Shipping and logistics industry in a customs focused position.
- Import experience
- Air and Sea freight experience
- Experience completing customs entries
- Knowledge of NCTS or NES would be advantageous
- Technologically proficient, must be familiar with MS Office, Sequoia, E-Customs and ASM software.
- Good attention to detail.
- Keen learner, able to focus in difficult situations and adapt accordingly.
- Excellent communicator ability to liaise with a variety of different people confidently, clearly and concisely.
- Capable of working well in a team.
- A full (clean) security check will be conducted and will be required for the role.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be keen to hear more about, feel free to contact us at Alchemy Recruitment for a discussion about the role.
Share this vacancy
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posted: 12 Jan 2021