Our client, an expanding Fine Art Shipping and Logistics company, seek to hire a Business Development Manager to join their team.
This role is best suited to a highly professional individual with experience working a similar role within a Fine Art Shipper, Gallery or Auction House.
The key responsibilities include:
- The sale of specialist fine art shipping services with the focus on new business.
- Carry out the structuring of the department in order to maximise sales success and the company’s presence within the art logistic industry.
- Secure accounts and produce successful results by developing business with art galleries, auction houses, museums, exhibitions, private collectors, and stately homes.
- Research, identify and follow up leads to increase customer base.
- Create new revenue and have a sound working knowledge of the fine art industry.
- Be a subject matter expert and deliver consultative advice, best practice and industry updates to your clients.
- Visit prospective Clients and provide effective sales presentations.
- Meet / exceed agreed revenue targets and report to the Director on a weekly basis.
- Represent the Company at art fairs, exhibitions and business forums.
- Communicate effectively with team members / fine art department, providing support and training to staff to achieve company targets.
- Previous experience working within a Business Development role within a Fine Art Shipper, Gallery or Auction House.
- Strong organisational skills and the confidence and ability to build a sales team.
- A pre-existing client base within the fine art industry is beneficial.
- Previous experience developing and maintaining key client relationships.
- Ability to set and exceed sales targets.
Share this vacancy
Location: New York, United States
Posted: 16 Mar 2021