Our client, an established LCL Freight Forwarding company, is currently seeking a General Manager based in Newport or Rainham.
You will be responsible for developing long lasting client relationships with both new and existing clients and overseeing the operations department.
- Ensure that the company is offering competitive rates within the market
- Travel to other offices to ensure the smooth running of the operations
- Provide training and support for other staff member in both operations and sales
- Liaise with operations to advise the requirements of individual customers and if possible, tailor services provided as required
- Visit new and existing clients both in the UK and internationally to sell and upsell services within the company’s niche market
- Attend annual sales conferences/training seminars and networking functions on a national and international basis
- You will be responsible for identifying new potential clients within the company’s niche market
- Travel to office in other countries to continue lasting relationships with local partners/vendors
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of five years’ Deep Sea shipping experience
- Our clients is looking for an enthusiastic, ambitions individual with long term expectations of this position and general business leadership
- The successful candidate will come from a B2B sales background in a Shipping/Logistics environment.
- Ability to work independently at times with regular travel both nationally and internationally
- A strong understanding of the importing and exporting LCL shipments
Share this vacancy
Location: Newport, United Kingdom
Posted: 25 Feb 2021