We are supporting an exciting global brand in their search for a R&D Project Manager - Mechanics to join their team in South Carolina. Our client is a leader in their industry and continuously strives to be the best in the business.
The R&D Project Manager - Mechanics will focus on a specific material utilised in our client’s products and will be responsible for carrying out various projects to ensure the profitability of the material and associated products.
- Product design and optimization of a specific material utilised by the company with the overall aim to improve profitability.
- Plan and carry out projects relating to the development and/or optimization of materials or overall design of the company’s products.
- Use customer and supplier feedback to identify issues and additional needs of the product and provide solutions.
- Provide support, guidance and training to other technical team members as required.
- Act as subject matter expert in the areas of structural design, experimental design, data analysis, mathematical analysis, software development, and finite element analysis.
- Liaise with software programmers to upgrade, refine and create custom software tools.
- Extensive direct engineering experience, as well as finite element and solid mechanics knowledge.
- Masters or PhD in a relevant field.
- Research and development experience is essential.
- Strong communication skills, and able to communicate with customers, suppliers and other non-technical business units.
- Proficient in finite element software.
- Familiar with software development tools and mathematical optimization software.
A relocation package is on offer for the right candidate, but no visa sponsorship can be provided.
Share this vacancy
Location: South Carolina, United States
Posted: 28 Jan 2021