We are supporting an exciting global brand in their search for a Senior Category Manager to join their business. Our client is a leader in their industry and continuously strives to be the best in the business.
The Senior Category Manager will take responsibility for the strategic management of their assigned category, leading various projects and ensuring alignment with overall corporate strategies to get the best value for the business.
This position can be based either in South Carolina, or remotely in the South East region of the US.
- Act as subject matter experience for assigned category within the business and serve as the point of contact for other related business units.
- Design and implement strategic plans for the category spend, ensuring alignment with the needs and goals of the business.
- Take charge of supplier relationships and manage supply base to ensure capability and alignment with strategies.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure the business is receiving the best possible value and competitive costs.
- Lead projects within assigned category and ensure specific aims are met (cost reduction, process improvement, productivity etc), working with sourcing teams when required.
- Significant category management experience with proven ability to develop global strategic category plans.
- Experienced in supply management leadership and management of $100MM+ spend.
- Able to form strategic relationships with suppliers and high-level negotiation skills.
- Strong leader with excellent technical acumen.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, MBA is highly desirable.
Share this vacancy
Location: South Carolina, United States
Posted: 25 Feb 2021