Alchemy is partnering with a leading shipping company in their search for a Customs Audit and Compliance Officer to join their team in Felixstowe.
The Customs Audit and Compliance Officer will be responsible for maintaining the customs compliance programmes as well as the internal audit process.
- Ensure all customs compliance programmes and processes are up to date.
- Ensure customs compliance needs of each client are met and identify any compliance or control issues.
- Maintain internal audit processes.
- Identify any potential risks and issues pertaining to the business’s customs brokerage services.
- Ensure adherence by the team to Direct Representation procedure and accuracy in completion of all import/export declarations.
- Review internal processes, identifying any areas for improvement implement solutions that will increase productivity.
- Oversee work carried out by the team to ensure that it complies with the company’s internal processes, as well as regularly reviewing these processes and updating when needed.
- Collate and analyse customs compliance data and present reports to internal and external parties.
- Take an active role in creating innovative solutions to customs compliance issues.
- Share customs compliance and best practice knowledge across the business.
- HMRC experience, including tariff classification.
- Knowledge of customs software systems is an advantage.
- Experience with audits and continuous improvement techniques.
- Able to train other staff members on customs compliance issues.
- Strong communicator and great presentation skills.
Share this vacancy
Location: Felixstowe, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posted: 15 Feb 2021