Alchemy is pleased to be partnering with a world-renowned international auction house in their search for a Specialist in 20th Century Art to join their team in Germany. This is opportunity offers remote working within Germany.
Our client combines years of exemplary service and a sterling reputation as a leading auction house with state-of-the-art facilities and forward-thinking digital innovation. They are continuing to invest heavily in both their technology and their people as part of their commitment to be auction house of choice for Fine Art and Jewellery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an expert in in 20th century art to join one of the world’s best-known and well-respected auction houses.
- Fulfilling the sales budget set for the department by maintaining and developing relationships with existing clients, working with the team to create new strategies to encourage new business
- Assist in building the customer database of both buyers and sellers, and build a rapport with established collectors of 20th century art
- Assist with the advertising and marketing campaign, supporting and driving the campaign forward to develop sales for the department
- Prepare work coming for sale by producing condition reports, and overseeing authentication of works while preserving relationships with experts and committees
- Create and prepare proposal documents for client pitches to generate new business
- Prepare text for the business sales catalogue by through the research of artworks and collections
- Attend fine art events, conferences and exhibitions boosting the profile and sales of the department
- Support junior members of the team developing their knowledge and skills
- Provide accurate valuations of customers works
- Remain current in the market by reviewing marketing strategies of competitors to ensure the business maintains its competitive edge
- Previous experience of working in a similar role, ideally at a leading auction house
- Good specialist knowledge of 20th Century Art, and able to provide accurate valuations
- A network of contacts and eagerness to develop new connections
- Experience in the process of auctions and associated procedures
- Understanding of market and trends relating to 20th Century Art
- Degree holder or equivalent
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English is required
“What’s on offer”
- Along with a competitive salary package, you will join a highly collaborative team of proactive specialists in a creative and exciting environment. You will have the ability to work in an innovative company where you will have a “voice” and the freedom to fully develop your career.
Share this vacancy
Posted: 05 Mar 2021