We are partnering with a Global Logistics provider who are seeking a Logistics Coordinator to join their team in Weiterstadt Germany.
The main purpose of this role is to provide a high level of customer service to partners and customers and to monitor all shipping processes.
- Responsible for managing the full Shipping process from start to finish
- Be involved in booking services with partners and preparation of full documentation
- Handle Airfreight and Seafreight shipments
- Regularly make updates to the Cargowise system
- Contact and obtain quotations from vendors
- Provide vendor quotes to sales team as and when requested
- Complete en-route security monitoring
- Providing continuous updates to customers throughout shipping process and closely managing the customer relationship.
- Amend database information where applicable.
- Carry out any special projects as assigned.
- Liaise with new vendors to obtain quotations and negotiate rates if necessary
- Provide great customer service
- Prepare operational reports and communicate vendor service issues
- Coordination with finance for issuance of accurate customer invoices
- Uphold the integrity of database comprising of vendor costs and information.
- Experience managing Shipping process from start to finish in a global environment
- Strong Global Airfreight operations experience
- In-depth knowledge of the security and logistics business
- Fluency in French, German and English (written and spoken).
- Additional language skill would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in MS office
- Knowledge of freight forwarding software
Share this vacancy
Location: Weiterstadt, Germany
Posted: 13 Jul 2021