Alchemy is partnering with a specialist online auction house in their search for a Logistics Manager to join their team in London.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and tech-minded logistics professional to assist with the building of a bespoke logistics and shipping system that aims to improve logistics processes, create process automation, and improve customer experience.
This is a 3 – 6 month FTC.
- Design and implement improvements to the shipping process
- Create new shipping procedures with the aim to improve speed and efficiency
- Act as subject matter expert on shipping and logistics processes internally
- Create new systems and processes for warehousing
- Identify areas for improvement in logistical routes, particularly to Germany and US
- Partner with the inhouse software development team to design and create a bespoke system that will bridge the gap between product inventory, customer sales orders and shipping/customs information
- Participate in integrating the new system with accounting and stock management systems.
- Assist with designing and building process automation for inventory and product data systems
- Provide training and guidance on the function and operation of the newly created systems and procedures to other staff members
- Solid experience in logistics and shipping, preferably in a setting that relies heavily on process automation and tech systems
- Sound knowledge of shipping processes and procedures
- Experience implementing process and procedure improvements, and process automation preferred
- Tech savvy, able to share knowledge and train others
Share this vacancy
Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Contract: Fixed Term
Posted: 12 Mar 2021